background

Monday, March 28, 2011

Jealousy or Admiration

I Guess you could call it jealousy, but to me that sounds to harsh, I would rather call it admiration.  One of the poems that I chose was We Real Cool, By: Gwendolyn Brooks....

We real cool. We
Left School. We
lurk Late. We
Strike straight.  We
Sing sin.  We
Thin gin.
We jazz June.
We Die soon.

At this point you are probably thinking, "are you for REAL?!" the answer is Yes.  At first this poem looks dumb and stupid it might be because we all can relate to it in the simplest way.  Maybe it is because we know exactly who these people are, or in fact we could be this type of person.  What I love about it is that it has the power of Simplicity.  The Author was able to get their message across in just a few lines and that is what I admire.

1 comment: